Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Research paper



Ha……………..finally~~~~~I finished my presentation for my research paper on Friday~~~~~
Actully, I’m not feel very well on that day~ anyway~ I tried to do my best for it~!
Hehe~I have a problem on writing. If u ask me to explain sth, I prefer to do that by speaking,
not writing, because it’s hard for me to express or explain some ideas on writing. When I want
to explain one idea, the ways that what I speak and what I write is different. My writing makes
readers more confused. I think the reason why I can do sth better by speaking is I feel more relax
when I speak, however, I need to consider many detail on writing, such as grammar.
Another main reason is the logical ways of thinking is different between Chinese and English
writing and thinking. For example, in order to explain on thing clearly, we should say 3 steps to
explain that. In English writing, we should write 3 steps one by one, however, in Chinese writing,
we can write no.1 step and no.3 step to explain the idea. The reason why we skip the step 2 is
because we think reader can figure out it according to the step 1 and step3. However, I forgot
one of my English teacher says “you should remember that your reader are not smarter as you
think” so, I should explain all the steps for the readers with more organized structure.

Anyway, it’s a challenge for me~but like what Helen said “ A huge challenge,
but I can handle……” haha~~~~~~~

No comments: